Friday, September 9, 2016

Original Oil Painting Sparkle



Nature's Sparkle

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

My main goal in this painting was to make it sparkle. I used a reference photo from Valerie Bassell of Sacket Brook, I posted it below. I love the strong white light on the water and large rocks. I thought it might be too intense so I added small hints of light on the tree above and the right bottom foreground. I also intensify the water color to draw your eye to follow it as it falls off the edge to the water below. This was a little harder than most landscapes I have done but I feel it was well worth it. I know how much our eyes follow light and that is so important to create a nice flow in the painting. This was great practice for that. Thanks Valerie for the inspirational photo!




No comments:

Post a Comment