Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Original Oil Painting Going Fishing!




Going Fishing!

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

I used a reference photo from Margaret Buttye. Changing the composition to a square from a rectangle was a challenge enough but than I decided to change the lighting, too! I was walking one day and I noticed how the sun affects objects when it is close to the horizon. Everything's highlight would take on a yellow orange tint. I could not resist playing with this idea so I incorporated it in. Hope it doesn't look too imaginary but if it does maybe that is not so bad? I am hoping to do another painting of this on a larger size and rectangle. It is such an outstanding photo. Thanks Margaret for posting it on PaintMyPhoto!

This is Margaret's photo posted below.



No comments:

Post a Comment