Sunday, September 25, 2016

Original Oil Painting Golden Harbor


Golden Harbor

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

I decided what was bothering me about this painting so I re-worked it. There was not enough contrast and the golden light was not on everything. The first version looked too illustrative and story telling. It was not my goal originally. I wanted to add a glow that I see when the sun is near the horizon and I felt I missed my goal. The changes I made helped a lot to convey what was in my mind. I re-posted the first version below titled: Going Fishing. I think you can see the changes and understand why I  re-titled the painting: Golden Harbor. This title captures my main goal I was after.  I hope viewers like the changes. Thanks for viewing this painting again.


No comments:

Post a Comment