Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Original Oil Painting Orange Glow



Orange Glow

Sold

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

To create this yellow / orange glowing affect, I painted with lemon medium in all the oranges, greens and whites. The orange of course was done with the most intense oranges I could mix: permanent rose with cadmium lemon and Rembrandt's permanent red medium with cadmium lemon. The compliment of yellow: violet at the bottom only enhanced the intensity of the yellows more. I posted a photo of the still life I painted from below. I only had these bright shocking pink daisies to use but it helped with the drawing . I changed the color of the daisies to white and gold to work better with the other objects. Shocking pink would of competed too much with the center of interest: oranges. I hope you can feel the warm glow.




1 comment:

  1. Really nice! The color changes worked out beautifully, thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete