Monday, February 8, 2016

Original Oil Painting Flour Sifter and Apples



Flour Sifter and Apples

11" x 14"
Painted on gessobord.

Here is a painting of my reflective flour sifter with apples and daisies. Painting reflections is like painting a puzzle. You have to go by each piece of color. Then you step back and see which piece needs to be enhanced and which piece is not essential.

 I worked hard on keeping the viewers' eyes focused on the center of interest which is the apple pieces. That is where you will find the strongest and largest highlights. I posted a photo of the still life I was working from below. I left the pattern off the table cloth because it would draw too much attention away from the center of interest and would make the painting too busy. Thanks for viewing my painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment