Monday, September 28, 2015

Original Oil Painting Rock'n Gondolas


Rock'n Gondolas 

Sold
 
14" x 18"
Painted on gessobord. 
 
This is a painting I made for my weekly painting class. It was the hardest one so far. I gave the background a white glaze to push it back to create depth in the atmosphere. When I painted the poles I tried to hint at a little back lighting so if you look close you will see colors on the edges where the sun is passing by. I spent a lot of time on the water. It seems to me that the water plays a big part as the boats do.  I love painting water and with all the reflective colors it was a blast! The poles were the hardest because if I messed up then I had to touch up the water or on one pole the sky. I hope you enjoying looking at my painting, a lot of work and time went into it but I feel every minute was worth it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment