Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Original Oil Painting Star Vase


Star Vase

Sold

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

Here is my painting of my son's glass star vase that he bought at the dollar store years ago. It has been sitting on a shelf waiting to be painted. I finally took the plunge and painted it. To my surprise it was not as hard as I thought. I just pre-mixed as many of the colors I saw on the glass. Doing that I could concentrate on the placement and forms of the colors. It took some time to paint but I love all the fractured color in it with its' flicks of white highlights all about. I posted a picture of the arrangement I was painting from below. I did change the leaf branch because it was hiding the beautiful clay vase way too much. I just forgot to take a picture of that arrangement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment