Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Original Oil Painting Daffodils


Daffodils

Sold

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

 When I think of Easter, I think of eggs, bunnies, jelly beans and spring flowers. Here is a painting I made using a couple of my Easter ideas: daffodils and eggs.

 I always found daffodils a challenge to paint. I found that if you do not get the right warm hue, or do not keep your colors clean they look terrible. It just takes patience. Another challenge was the ceramic pot. I love the shinny glaze and how it reflects the objects surrounding it. Tricky to do these reflections because of the texture of the thrown pot and the dark glaze. Again just with the flowers I just took my time and worked it until I was satisfied, working from the darkest colors to the lightness.

Happy Easter Everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment