Thursday, August 6, 2015

Original Oil Painting Onion Friends


Onion Friends


12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

Some paintings almost paint themselves. This is one that did not. I really struggled with it. I had to force the warm harmony on the daisies and that was a battle. Everything in the still life had a warm tone to them except the yellow daisies, wierd. But I was not going to give up even if the tomatoes started to look a little tried. I must of painted the daisies three times before I could get the right values. I ended up using a reference photo I took to help finish up and then just turn to the painting and asked what do you need. Forget the still life, forget the reference photo I took, just focus on the painting.  Because in the end it is only the painting that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment