Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Original Oil Painting Hibiscus Sunrise


Hibiscus Sunrise 

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

I used a reference photo for this but made a lot of changes. One of the petals in the back was too short so I pulled it up. Then I used several pictures I had to finish the background. To say this painting was a challenge would be an understatement. The hibiscus had so many shades of orange and yellows to start with but add to that a whole new set of oranges and yellows to create in the shadows. I came very close to scraping the whole thing off but I just kept coming back to it.

 Painting can be kind of a puzzle or mystery that needs solving.You see all the beauty in nature and you what to convey what you see and feel, but how? So you try this and that, all the tools you know and are learning through trail and error. Well at the end I am happy this turned out. Hibiscus are wonderful flowers and I love the tropical colors they have. I hope that was conveyed in my painting. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment