Thursday, May 18, 2017

Original Oil Painting Veggies


Veggies

Sold

12" X 12"
Painted on gessobord.

This was HARD!!! It took longer and a lot of adjusting. Today I put the finishing glazes on. I used a linseed medium to apply them and opening windows is a must. I do not know what I hate more the odor of varnish or mediums. I tried to use walnut oil but it didn't quite work as smooth as the mediums. 

Glazes are made with lots of medium and a little oil paint so they are transparent. Glazes can be used to unify areas where there are lots of color changes in them like the cloth. I used a low key warm violet glazes on the shadows of the cloth. That way they still have color changes in them but they do not stand out as the highlighted areas do.  I also use glazes to push areas back. The background color has a white glaze over it. The glaze dulls and lightens the dark color making it recede.  So now I am going to take a long walk and breath in some fresh air. Thanks for viewing my painting: Veggies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment