Monday, May 1, 2017

Original Oil Painting Daffodil Choir


Daffodil Choir

Sold

9" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

It has been a gloomy few days here in Wisconsin. I decided I needed to paint something light and bright so I went through my photos. I found a daffodil photo I took a week ago on a sunny day and I love the way the flowers captured the sunlight and how their white petals reflected all the color around them. It was not easy to capture the sunlight. It took a lot of premix colors but I am happy with the results. The time and effort was well worth it. I posted the photo I used below.  The green spikes in the photo were so dark and stiff that I used other photos to suggest them.

 Rain, rain go away and let the sun come through!!!




These photos were taken at Evergreen Manor in Oshkosh Wisconsin. Evergreen Manor is a rehab/ retirement home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment