Sunday, January 3, 2016

Original Oil Painting Yellow Carnations


Yellow Carnations

Sold

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

These are the yellow carnations I bought over Christmas. I tried to create a more old master's look with the dark background and rick color. The carnations are much darker in this painting than in real life. What I am trying to create is an interesting old world look so I spent more time looking at the painting towards the end than at the still life. I posted a photo of the still life I was painting from. I used photo shop to lower the blossoms so they fit the composition better. I like to use both still life set up and photographs to work from at the beginning but than I have to listen to the painting. Let the painting tell me what works. I hope you like my choices. Thanks for viewing my first painting of 2016!



No comments:

Post a Comment