Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Original Oil Painting Iris


Reflective Iris

Sold

10" x 10"
Painted on gessoboard . 

I completed the iris today. I spent about two hours going over the whole painting. This is a slower process. Towards the end I am adjusting colors with some glazing and painting with more nuggets of color. I check highlights to make sure they are clean and bright. I look for any muddy colors and correct them with a fresh stroke of color. I did add a discord color with the blue to draw attention to areas but only in small amounts. I also added a tint of lemon green to reflective parts. This has to be done very carefully or it can quickly muddy things up. Thanks for viewing my painting and if you would like to know more about my process please scroll down. Have a great Thanksgiving and now I need to walk the dog and make pies!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment