Sunday, March 8, 2015

What is on the menu for today!


In process.....

What a break from the last painting that took a long time. This is a small painting I started today. I wanted to paint something fun. What is more fun than an old shoe with some johnny jump ups in them? When I start a painting I try to fill the whole surface in with color. I focus on getting a feeling for the painting. I mark color areas in the rock and shoe leather. I mark where the lightness lights might be and the darkest dark. Everything will be worked over tomorrow. I will adjust edges, add detail where needed and definitely tame the white in the center of the shoe. So far I spent three hours on this painting and probably going to do another three hours plus but much slower. Tomorrow I get down to some real work, can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment