Thursday, July 13, 2017

Original Oil Painting Stacked Lilies


Stacked Lilies

11" x 14"
Painted on canvas board

Ok, the struggle continues. This morning I spent a couple more hours. I just could not let this painting stay the way it was. Yes the shadow work I did yesterday was better but now the background needed more contrast and the flower's highlights needed to be lighten.
The brightening of the pieces of blue in the upper part of the background really made the whole thing pop. Now I think I can go on but I thought that yesterday too. So you know I am not kidding, I am posting it to Daily Paintworks today if my computer will let me. Computers can be finicky just like artist. Sorry for the long post but I thought you might what to know what goes on in my crazy art world.
These are the before photos of this painting:




No comments:

Post a Comment