Saturday, June 3, 2017

Original Oil Painting Basking in the Sunlight


Basking in the Sunlight

Sold

9" x 12"
Painted on gessobord. 

I found this little, lovely by the pond. I love how it was basking in the warm, sunlight. The top of the iris was a very peachy, pink while the bottom petals were a soft, light violet. It had such stark contrast of light and dark that I was afraid I might over state it. I will think on this and come back to it tomorrow.

I could not wait until tomorrow. I took a two hour break and I was back at it again. I added a little more contrast to the background to balance the strong contrasting values in the iris. Then I checked all my colors one more time looking for any muddy shades and adding more color to my hues. Increasing the saturation of color in the iris helped warm it up and made it less washed out. The photo below is what I posted first. I hope you can see the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment