Morning Glory Butterfly
10" x 10"
Painted on gessobord.
There is only one thought that comes to mind: This was a tough one! It took a lot longer to paint than I thought at first. I thought of chucking it out the windows many times. Instead I would just took a break and come make to it. I was painting from a photo of a butterfly which was terrific except the flowers were hard to make out. In fact I ended up changing the flowers completely from little pink flowers to large purple morning glories. The purple is a compliment to yellow and would help contrast the butterfly. The large flowers and leaves really helped balance the whole painting out. The photo I used is posted below and I hope that helps you understand my problem with it.
Thanks Robin Brad for an awesome butterfly photo. I hope you do not mind the changes.