Sunday, June 12, 2016

Original Oil Painting Fragile Glass


Fragile Glass

Sold

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

Here is another painting of Goodwill items: the glass decanter and gold reflective metal bowl. Yes, the gold is not real but it is some kind of metal bowl painted gold and the decanter has a heavy metal ornate handle with lid. I threw in a vintage table cloth and fruit to complete the still life. 

I gave it the title: Fragile Glass because I keep thinking the glass will break some day, so better paint it now. The handle and lid will last forever but they are nothing with out the glass. 

I loved painting all the reflections and I like how the cloth recedes while the leaves come forward. There is a lot of pull and push in the composition if that makes any sense?  

By the way that is not an apple in the bowl. It is a plum that hasn't ripened yet, but by the time I finished this painting the plum was rip to eat, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment