Sunday, April 3, 2016

Original Oil Painting Crocus Flowers



Crocus Flowers

Sold

10" x 10"
Painted on gessobord.

I saw some crocus flowers growing right in the grass yesterday and I knew what my next painting would be. When I have trouble thinking of what to paint I usually try doing something else and ideas just come. I am always thing of art even subconsciously so that is no surprise. But to be able to act on it with out worry about making dinner, house work etc. is.

In this painting I tried to make the colors pop out using a blue discord color. There was a blue flower any way so instead of changing it to gold, I went with it. I added hints of blue to the grass like leaves that were pushing through the flowers to carry the discord through out the painting. In the background I painted broken pieces of  warm grey purples to compliment the yellow. 

The composition of the painting  looks like the crocus flowers are fighting through each other to get to the sunlight. I can not blame them. Sunlight is something we treasure in Wisconsin winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment