Monday, June 15, 2015

Original Oil Painting Ruby Peony


Ruby Peony

Sold

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord

This is the painting I am currently working on. I am happy with everything but the background. I will let it dry and try adding glazes, maybe lighten the right corner? There comes a time where I need to step away from a painting and come back to it later. This is one of those times. When painting becomes more like work than fun, it is time to take a break.

Today I put the final touches on. I added glazes to the background, added a few extra leaves on the right and dropped the highlight value on the green leaves coming out of the vase. Now I am happy and I hope you can see the difference between the last picture I posted. (There is a picture of it right below.) Thanks for viewing my Ruby Peony!


No comments:

Post a Comment