Sunday, January 18, 2015

Original Oil Painting Three Pinks



Three Pinks

9" x 12"

Sold

I think G+ is working again. I am sorry if anyone did not receive a posting. In this painting, I am trying a layer technique Dan Edmundson taught in his master class. It is a technique that Richard Schmid uses so well. As you layer the background to create volume you add more paint. So the first layer is just scrubbed in. The next layer you add a little more paint but keep it some what light or should I say transparent. The top layer is more opaque and detailed but do not forget to let the other layer show through here and there. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being part of my ART PARTY. Feel free to invite any and all artists and friends to join in by posting their work and voting for their favourites. I hope to see more of your work in the coming 10 days.

    ReplyDelete