Thursday, August 4, 2016

Original Oil Painting Peppermint Lily



Peppermint Lily

Sold

12" x 12"
Painted on gessobord.

Here is one of my last lilies that will bloom this summer. It is an oriental lily with a less potent fragrance than my other oriental lilies so I can bring it into the house. I put the final touches on it today: brighten areas, added more color to the lower petal and open the background with lighter areas. During the final stages of my paintings I look mostly at the painting not so much at the reference subject. I am looking at the flow of the painting, the balance of light and dark and any where my eye gets stuck or avoids. If my mind's eye gets stuck it is usually on an area that is structurally wrong: repetitive or the wrong value, etc.. If I avoid a spot it is usually boring, not enough to hold my interest. Thanks for viewing my Peppermint Lily! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment