Thursday, January 21, 2016

Original Oil Painting Sparrow


Sparrow

Sold

8" x 10"
Painted on gessobord.

I painted this using a reference photo by Jayne Moskal. I changed the background by putting the little sparrow on a purple wild flower branch. We have a lot of sparrows around here and I always wanted to paint one. These birds seem to come in groups. I usually never just see one or two. I love how they chase each other around but at the bird feeder they are group together and clear me out of bird seed in one day. I have learned to only put a cup out at a time (usually in the  morning) that way my bird friends have a little each day.  I will keep a look out for the first birds I see this year to start filling the bird feeder again. I posted Jayne's photo below. Jayne thanks so much for a lovely photo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment