Sunday, February 22, 2015

What is next?


This is one way I start a painting. I first sketch it in with transparent red oxide or any other transparent paint. Then I usually start with the background mapping in the color. When I work with fruit I decided to use a palette knife and keep the colors very bold, opaque and clean. The next day I will soften or blend colors and work on edges. I try not to paint any more than two hours at a time. If I go longer than that I have a tendency to lick it down more (paint things over and over again) and loose the initial feeling I had for this image. The still life I am painting is very warm and colorful. The vintage table cloth is the same one I used in my "Tomato and Scallions" painting. My goal is to keep this painting very colorful and play full with a neutral background.

No comments:

Post a Comment